When entertainment and life collide

Last week I was floored to hear the news that the Tampa Bay Buccaneer's kicker Matt Bryant lost his 3 month old son to what is now being deemed Sids. This apparently hit the organization rather hard as many of the men that play on the team are fathers as well. Coach Gruden came out and said that they did not expect Matt to kick in Sunday's game and said that they were looking at some contingency plans - then the day of the game Matt came out to kick. It was a gut wrenching thing to hear about on the radio and then finally see in the video below:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b31686

Talk about perspective.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Seize the moment,not knowing what tomorrow may bring". A quote from a friend that was paralized in a diving accident as a young man. I am sure that there were mixed thoughts on what Matt did,but I am reminded of 2 Samuel 12:23 when David said "Can I bring him back again? I will go to him,but he will not return to me." From some of the E-Mails I read fathers went and hugged their sons and daughters as soon as they heard the news. Lets not miss a day to hug our most precious gifts from God and tell them how much they are loved!