Edit: 8/10/08 -
Many people have searched Utz Chips NC or Crab Chips NC and found this site - I would like to put here that we have found that our local Harris Teeter carries the blessed Utz Crab chip.
Years ago, (many, many years ago) my family took a trip to Maryland. On that trip we came across a some chips that forever changed my snacking landscape. This chip was indeed the Utz Brand Crab Chip. Old Bay seasoning on a hearty potato chip - things were looking up. In college I went so far as to go online and order some directly from Utz because they weren't available in Pennsylvania. They came in this giant box in one huge plastic bag. My roomate and I ate those things until the paprika ate through the roof of our mouths. They were great.
To be honest, the chips had somewhat slipped my mind until I was in Harris Teeter and stumbled across Lay's version of the chip. This is the first I've seen of this chip, and I was ecstatic. I picked them up (on sale mind you) and opened them up in the car. Sophia wanted to try one. I told her this was probably not a good idea as I had remembered them packing quite a punch. She wouldn't relent in her desires and so I gave her one to eat. A moment later, she said rather sheepishly, "Dad, did you buy me a drink Harris Teeter too?" I knew that she had been affected by the mouth-watering/mouth devastating love-hate relationship of the Crab chip when she followed that up with - "Can I have another one?" So the chip monster runs in the blood of the family.
All in all - they don't quite live up to the Utz Crab Chip legacy - but they are more than just a placebo until I get some in my hands again. (BTW, if you live around a place that supplies these - contact me and we will work something out...)
In my search to find out how long these things had been around - I ran across yet another website to share with you guys - it is aptly titled: http://www.taquitos.net/. This site is crazy my friends - it is a review site - for SNACKS! Oh man.
Utz Crab chips in NC...and a website you won't want to miss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I think my BMI went up by 2 points while I was reading your post...
Post a Comment